Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Back from Break

Spring Break 2009 has ended and it is back to real life. The week off was great and much needed to recharge the batteries. Sadly, life is not a vacation and its time to get back to work. In the week we've had off I've been thinking alot about how great a profession we have in front of us that gives so much time off for summer vacation, Christmas, Easter, and so on. I think thats the most underrated thing about our profession and people try to downplay it alot but it shouldn't be overlooked. Its a perk just like other jobs have perks and we should take pride in it. Too often we worry about proving ourselves and our profession to the rest of the working world but I say who cares. We have chosen to get paid to play for the rest of our lives as Dance Instructor T.C. so wisely words it. I look forward to lazy days in the summer poolside and coaching whatever sports we love most and I'm not afraid to say it. Heres to counting down the 2 months we have left until our summer vacation 2009 arrives!

1 comment:

  1. I hear you on that. I too just went home for spring break mostly just to catch up on some work and getting my things together for the e-folio project which is probably going to take over my life for a while, but this is just a bridge that I have to cross so I can be one step closer to getting out of school and start teaching. I realized that in this major is hard work, alot harder than I expected when I came in as a freshmen. I cannot wait to the day I start to teach because You're right we will be getting paid to have fun and lounge by the pool. We get great benifits by having the summers off and weekends/holidays. All it takes to get there is by putting in hard work and it will all pay off.

    ReplyDelete