Tuesday, March 17, 2009

March Madness in PE

I think March madness is the perfect time for a basketball unit in a PE class. I think sports are seasonal and theres no better time to teach students about basketball than right before march madness and maybe even fill out some brackets just for fun with your students. I'm not sure if that would be appropriate for a class but I dont see why not. It would do nothing but generate interest in your unit and give students a chance to really love sports the way we all do. March madness is the best run tournament in sports in my opinion and theres nothing wrong with incorporating their exemplary play into our curriculum. Lets go Pitt!

1 comment:

  1. I think the same. Anytime there is a major sporting event like march madness all PE teachers should at least talk about the event. I bet alot of the students might not know how the tournament works. So maybe if they watch the event they would want to play more on there own. And that is what kids need is more activity outside of school.

    ReplyDelete