Thursday, March 19, 2009

Outdoor classrooms.

I think its such a unique opportunity that we have as Physical Education majors and future teachers in the field to have the ability to teach outside. What other education field would one be able to teach outside on a nice spring day and hold class. Our field has so many perks that are so underrated its ridiculous. I love the fact that we have the same schedule we've had our entire lives in school. Spring means summer and summer is a time to be off and have fun. Can't imagine any profession that shares all of the same great perks we have before us.

3 comments:

  1. I love being able to go into class and have your teacher ask, "Hey, do you wanna go outside today?" It definitely is a great perk to the day and somehow just being outside makes teaching and learning even more enjoyable. It's a much more relaxed atmosphere to teach in, and a lot easier to get into the gameplay during our activity classes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having class outside is the best! It's sucha change in pace from other classes that students absolutely love it! It gives them a chance to release all the energy they've kept held inside while being boxed up in a classroom. I know when I'm sitting in class on a beautiful day, all I can think about is how much I dont wanna be sitting in that classroom at that time. It's a great way to keep students attention alot easier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great thing of PE teacher. I think adults and students like going outside for anything during the day. Whether it be sitting outside to read or recess I think people should try and get outside as much as they can. Having class outside gives the students and the teacher a moral boost and adds to the academic pursuits of the class.

    ReplyDelete